To keep the body in good health is a duty otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear – Buddha
#stayhome #staysafe #quarantine
Our life is right now revolving around these 3 hashtags. We are trapped in our own homes restricted on many things like traveling, gatherings with friends and family, eating outside, etc. but let’s put some light on the positive. Other than restrictions, the devious coronavirus has also provided us with many opportunities to work on ourselves like focusing on mental health, personal developments and forcefully so a healthy lifestyle.
Talking about a healthy lifestyle what mainly comes in our minds is dieting or exercising. But, what does not come in our mind are the simpler ways you can stay healthy. Keeping yourself fit does not always come with struggles and hard work. Our beautiful planet earth has given us numerous natural resources we can use and include in our lifestyle and being Indians we definitely know how to use them in the best manner.
Ironically all the totkas or nuskas (remedies) that we inherit through generations are every fancy trending regimes we believe and try to follow.
One of these is spring break star and New Year resolutions winner DETOXING. Mind detoxing, social media detoxing, spiritual detoxing, emotional detoxing, physical detoxing and various others come under this one umbrella i.e. detoxing.
Now let’s not get confuse with so many terms at one time and start off with understanding detoxing meaning.
What is detoxing? – Detoxing meaning
In the simplest words, it is a process where you get rid of unhealthy substances or pollutants in your body which in one word is known as toxins.
People use special diet plans or other scientific methods to detox but fortunately enough our body is naturally equipped to eliminate these toxins without any particular diet or particular plan – all day, every day, our body works and interacts with other organs to neutralize, transform and remove harmful substances.
So the question that arises is if our body naturally performs the task then why people around the world are following detox plans. The answer is fast urbanization and exposure to pollutants, heavy metals, preservatives, and pesticides, and consumption of unhealthy products has taken the average toxin consumption by human beings to an all-time high.
These toxins get stored in tissues and cells of our bodies and manifest in harmful metabolical, reproductive, and mental health effects. detox is an opportunity to give your body a break and allow your self-cleansing and self-healing processes to kick into gear.
Detox plans usually consist of changing the way we normally eat, drink and behave; changing the food you eat to fresh, anti-inflammatory foods, increased plants, hydration, and avoiding the toxic we may have. Which sounds pretty good.
With making changes in our lifestyle we definitely are looking at the benefits it will give in the future. We know detoxing helps to efficiently help the body remove toxins but along with it, there are various other things it does for the body. The following list is going to make you understand why detoxing is important.
5 wonderful benefits of detoxing – detoxing effects:
- Help in weight loss – Detox methods help in high metabolism helping the body to lose weight naturally.
- Healthy skin – By reducing the toxin levels in the body, signs of aging are minimized and you can have healthy and glowing skin.
- Improved mental health – Detox leads to a healthy lifestyle which in turn improves the sleep cycle and imparts calmness in the mind.
- Promotes mindful eating – Detox will improve your relationship with food by being aware of what you are eating.
- Energy boost – The process of detox will curb your craving for junk food which makes you lethargic and tired. Healthy food will bring you nutrition and energy.
As good as everything sounds sometimes following a plan can be confusing, expensive, and a lot of effort. As discussed earlier it doesn’t have to be tough which is why to make your detoxing experiment successful we have a list of some natural ways you can follow. So here it is, let’s have a look.
Top 6 super healthy ways of detoxing:
- 1. Drink lots of water: Our kidneys need water to filter waste from the blood and excrete it. If we are severely dehydrated, our kidneys may stop working, causing toxins to build up in the body. Water accounts for 60 percent of your body and is essential to every cell. Drink enough water in a day; approximately 8-10 glass or 2 liters. Always carry a water bottle with you and keep consuming it. You can even make detox water, which is nothing but infusing fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs in regular water. It can be lemon, cucumber, orange, watermelon, and almost anything you like.
- 2. Get enough sleep: With our busy lifestyles, we have almost forgotten what it is like to have a good night sleep. The days we experience it, it is like a celebration. When we talk about full body detox it includes our minds as well. Having a mental detox is also very important to keep your thoughts in place and recharge to perform other bodily functions efficiently. Our body removes toxins even while we are asleep. Most healthy adults need between 7 to 9 hours of sleeper night to function at their best. Children and teens need even more. So, get adequate sleep.
- 3. Consume probiotics: Consuming probiotics does not always mean to eat tablets of probiotics. There are several foods that you can incorporate in your diet that can be a source of good bacteria (probiotics). Some examples Yogurt, pickles, some types of cheeses, kombucha (fermented black tea or green tea), and our traditional buttermilk. Yogurt is considered as a superfood with so many health benefits and can also be used and consumed in many ways. Such detoxing foods and detoxing drinks can improve your digestive system and help it to eliminate toxins.
- 4. Be active and exercise regularly: Two most natural ways our body detoxifies by itself are through sweat and excretion. Therefore, everyone should do some activity they are comfortable in not just to sweat out toxins but also to stay healthy. Exercising also helps to reduce inflammation and allows your body to function properly.
- 5. Avoid caffeine: Coffee and tea should be avoided as much as you can. Even though caffeine can give you energy through the day it increases your heartbeat, blood pressure, and acid levels in your body. It does bad to your body than good. Avoiding drinks or foods that contain caffeine will balance your hormones, help you get good sleep, and improve your digestive system which in turn helps your body to function naturally. Swap your everyday coffee with green tea or herbal tea which can bring so many benefits to the body.
- 6. Avoid junk food: Eating unhealthy, salty, and processed foods can make you lazy and slow. Apart from this, they can also cause health problems like obesity, diabetes, thyroid, and many more. High consumption of sugary beverages can cause fatty liver, a condition that negatively impacts liver function, and the liver is a station for detoxification. In simple words, it is not suitable for your body at all. Understand what your body needs and practice mindful eating. Start slow but make sure you reach the end.
We started with getting to know detoxing and ended with a list of ways you can help your body in the process so now it’s your turn to use them in your daily life. These are some of the best natural and easy ways you can follow effortlessly for detoxing at home. We all currently have a lot of time we can use to make ourselves better at everything; therefore, use it in the best manner. Remember, a healthy outside starts from the inside. Make healthy as your priority and see how your body prospers.
“Your body is your priceless possession, so take care of it.”
After trying these ways, make sure you share your experience in the comments down below; we will be delighted to know about it.
Follow Green Recipes Facebook Page for more updates on our Blogs and Recipes. Keep Smiling and try out our healthy recipes to keep up with your detoxing process. Here are our Best Recipes which will make things easy and effortless: