Terms of Service
Valid from August 1st, 2020
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
These terms of service (“Terms of Service”) (together with the documents they refer to) tell you the terms on which you may make use of Green Recipes website. Use of the website includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use the website.
By using our website, you confirm that you accept and agree to comply with these Terms of Service set out below. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, you must not use our website. We recommend that you keep a copy of these Terms of Service for future reference.
The following additional policies also apply to your use of our website:
- Our Community Guidelines, which set out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our website. These Community Guidelines form part of these Terms of Service, so references to Terms of Service includes them.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
Green Recipes is a Veg Food Recipe Sharing Community Platform set on a course to solve one of the most encountered question: “Aaj kya banao?”
If you have any question or complaint about our website, or in any respect about Green Recipes, please contact us at [email protected]
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
Our website provides you with an ability to share recipes with other users of our website and browse other users’ recipes. The Green Recipes Service is made available free of charge.
Our website is designed to work on modern web browsers, major operating systems and platforms. Features and compatibility may vary between some web browsers, operating systems and platforms.
We may use third-party service providers in the provision of the Green Recipes Service or in fulfilling our obligations under these Terms of Service.
We do not promise that our website any content on them, or services as may be provided by such third-party service providers, will be free from errors or omissions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING RECIPES
All recipes on our website are provided for general information only and published by other users, like you, and not by Green Recipes. Green Recipes does screen and check recipes before they are posted only to inspect the parameter of all ingredients being Vegetarian or Vegan in nature, so there may be some inappropriate, incorrect or unsafe recipes, ingredients or cooking methods. The recipes, comments and other information provided on our website are not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely, and any use of or reliance on any recipe or other content provided on our website is at your own risk.
Green Recipes makes no statements, whether express or implied, about the accuracy, quality, safety or fitness for purpose of recipes published on the Green Recipes Website.
- You should verify any Unusual or Novel Ingredients or methods in a recipe by referring to other sources;
- You should comply at all times with any food safety notices or bulletins issued by your local government authority, and you should not expect the Green Recipes Service to note or explain risks contained in food preparation, method or techniques of cooking or consumption of certain food; and
- If you are not an experienced cook, we advise that you take instruction from an experienced cook, or other suitable authority, when using recipes from the Green Recipes Service, particularly in respect of health and safety.
If you have any comments or concerns about any recipes or other content on the Green Recipes Service or, if you believe that your copyrighted work has been infringed or are aware of other infringing, illegal or inappropriate material, please contact us at: [email protected]
With regards to our website, you may visit and view the recipes without registration as a guest (“Guest”). However, you will have access to more features of the Green Recipes Service if you create an account through registration. If you wish to register for an account to use the Green Recipes Service, you will have to either complete the required account information as requested by us through submitting information in such format as may be specified by us or sign up by third party account (e.g. Facebook, Google).
We will conduct the necessary checks on your registration prior to or after the registration process and, once we accept, you will be registered as a registered user (“Registered User”).
We reserve the right to suspend, withdraw or discontinue your account, account details or password in the following circumstances. Where possible, we will give you notice of our intention to do this, and give you an opportunity to plea:
- you do not exist;
- you do not have an email address that could receive emails;
- you breach these Terms of Service;
- you have or appear to have intentionally provided false information to us;
- you are a minor and have not submitted the account information with the approval of a parent or guardian;
- to respond to actual or potential threats to our business (such as cyber-security threats), or unwelcome or dangerous practices or behaviours in our community; or
- for any of the reasons set out in Section 18 below.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
If you choose to become a Registered User, you must treat your account information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. You accept full responsibility and liability for all activities that occur under your account, except where it is our fault.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your account, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTENT OWNER AND RIGHTS YOU LICENCE
We do not claim ownership of any recipes, photographs, graphics, comments, information, data, text or other materials you upload or post on our website or (“Content”).
However, when you upload Content, including a recipe, to our website you grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, on-going and transferable right and licence (which we may also grant to affiliates and a third party(ies), including other users) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, translate, publish, transmit, display and distribute (including via third parties) that Content or derivatives of it, in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed) for any and all of our business activities. You also agree that:
- this licence includes the right for us to provide promote and commercially exploit Content uploaded to our website or in any means, manner or form to or with other users or persons who partner with us for the distribution or publication of Content on other media and services;
- such additional uses by us, other users of our website or and other persons who partner with us for the distribution or publication of your Content may be done with no compensation paid to you with respect to Contents that you upload to our website or compensation which is decided by us.
- you authorise us to report copyright infringement on your behalf to the designated agent, website owner, hosting provider or any other appropriate contact when we find your Content is infringed; and
- you waive or, where that is not possible, agree not to assert, all moral rights (and all similar rights in other jurisdictions) which you have or will have now or in the future in respect of your Content
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Except for your Content, including your recipes, all intellectual property rights in the Green Recipes Service and all materials on our website, including design, graphics, text, pictures, software, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, “Materials”) are owned by us and/or our licensors.
We give you permission to use the Materials to the extent, and only to the extent, necessary to access and use the Green Recipes Service for your personal, non-commercial use in accordance with these Terms of Service. All other rights are expressly reserved.
- you must not use any part of the Materials, or our website or , for commercial purposes without obtaining an explicit consent to do so from us and/or (if applicable) our licensors;
- you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text; or
- you must not use Materials outside our website, especially by deleting any identified contributors’ status as the authors of Materials on our website.
CODE OF CONDUCT
You promise that you will not:
- infringe intellectual property rights of third parties, including without limitation, intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark, of us, other users or third parties;
- infringe the property rights, privacy rights and image rights of us, other users or third parties;
- disclose information, such as the name, mailing address, telephone number and email address of a specific individual without authorisation, and by which any third party is able to identify the said individual;
- register multiple email addresses to obtain multiple accounts, while being a single user;
- obtain an account on behalf of a Registered User whose account has been suspended or terminated;
- discriminate against, harass, bully, intimidate, defame, or damage the reputation and credibility of, other users or third parties;
- alter and/or erase Materials made available through the Green Recipes Service;
- impersonate us, other users or third parties (including doctoring email headers for the purpose of falsifying the source of email headers and the identity of the sender);
- transmit computer programmes or viruses that are harmful or cause other users or third parties to receive such programmes or viruses;
- accessing without authorisation, or conducting port scans, denial of service attacks, or spamming the facilities of other users or third parties or the facilities used by the Green Recipes Service (including, without limitation, telecommunication facilities, computers and other equipment, as well as software that is used in the provision of the Green Recipes Service by us) and/or causing or attempting to cause interference with the use or operation of such facilities;
- transmit, without authorisation, email that is advertisement or promotion or solicitation or that are of a repulsive nature (including spam); obstruct the receipt of email by other users or third parties; request the transmission of chain emails and/or transmission of chain emails in accordance with such requests;
- circulate information, equipment and software that are used for the purpose of disabling or circumventing the access control function of servers and other facilities;
- reproduce, modify, disassemble, reverse engineer or analyse the samples or software contained in the Materials (except to the extent permitted by law, and you agree to give notice to us in such circumstance);
- obtain account information without authorisation or through fraud (including, without limitation, by phishing or similar methods);
- use the Green Recipes Service for commercial activities (including any incentivized activities), for-profit and in anticipation of profit, unless prior written approval has been obtained from us;
- use the Green Recipes Service for election campaign or other political activities;
- use the Green Recipes Service in contravention of applicable laws and regulations;
- hinder the operation of the Green Recipes Service or hinder the exchange or sharing of Content contributed by other users or third parties, or cause damages or losses to us, other users or third parties by damaging their credibility or infringing their intellectual property rights;
- cause significant hindrance to the operations of our business through repetitive, frivolous or vexatious enquiries or emails, which are beyond our obligations and/or are unreasonable;
- breach the Terms of Service; or impede public order and morality (including, without limitation, by transmitting or displaying Content that may promote and induce violence, illegal images or suicide);
- establish a link to our website or in order to encourage any of the actions, including those by third parties, described hereinabove;
- contravene such other requirements that we may impose from time to time at its sole and absolute discretion; or
- use the Green Recipes Service in a manner that Green Recipes reasonably deems unsuitable or inappropriate. Green Recipes will refer to factors such as the typical use of Green Recipes Service by the majority of its users, and general industry practice when determining whether such use is unsuitable or inappropriate.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENT
You are solely responsible for the Content that you post, upload, and/or publish using the Green Recipes Service. We only review or screen the image any of your Content before that Content appears or is shared.
You promise that:
- any Content you post or publish complies with these Terms of Service;
- you have the right to use, upload, post or publish Contents to our or website and grant the licences to us as set out in Section 10; and
- the use by Green Recipes of the Contents you uploaded, posted or published will not infringe the rights of any third parties.
You agree and acknowledge that:
- we will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any Content posted by you or any other user of our website;
- we have the right to remove any Content you make available on our website or at our sole discretion, including; if in our opinion, your Content does not comply with these Terms of Service, or if we believe that it is necessary to protect ourselves, other users or any third party; and
- you are solely responsible for securing and backing up your Content.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may revise these Terms of Service (“Changes”) at any time if:
- there are changes in applicable laws and regulations;
- there are changes in the specification or operation of the Green Recipes Service;
- there are changes to Green Recipes group policy or internal regulations;
- there are changes to the service specification or policy of external third-party services used by Green Recipes or connected to the Green Recipes Service;
- there are changes to the business environment in which Green Recipes operates;
- it is necessary to respond to actual or potential threats to our business (such as cyber-security threats), or unwelcome or dangerous practices or behaviours in our community;
- it is necessary to clarify or make a correction of any part of these Terms of Service; or
- of other, unanticipated, situations that may reasonably require us to revise these Terms of Service;
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any such changes that we make, as they are binding on you unless you terminate your account. We will notify you of material changes, including by posting when you visit our website or by email to the email address registered upon your account registration.
If you continue to use Green Recipes Service after a change is made, you are agreeing to the changes. If you do not accept a Change: (i) if you are a Guest or Registered User, please stop using Green Recipes Service
CHANGES TO OUR WEBSITE OR AND GREEN RECIPES SERVICE
We may update our website from time to time and may change the Materials at any time. We also reserve the right to change and improve the features and functionality of the Green Recipes Service at any time and at our sole discretion. This includes adding, modifying or removing specific features and functionality of the Green Recipes Service. Please note that any of the Material on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT SUSPENSION OF GREEN RECIPES SERVICE
We do not promise that Green Recipes Service or any Materials on the website will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw, or discontinue all or any part of Green Recipes Service without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Green Recipes Service is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We may also suspend or cancel your access to or right to use the Green Recipes Service where we are withdrawing them, in which case we will give you reasonable advance notice.
RESTRICTION, SUSPENSION OR CANCELLATION OF USE
We may restrict, suspend, withdraw or discontinue your access to or right to use the Green Recipes Service without prior notice in the following circumstances. Where possible, we will give you notice of our intention to do this, however:
- you have breached these Terms of Service;
- you have given us false information;
- you are using Green Recipes Service illegally or in breach of any third party’s rights;
- you have not paid the Subscription Fees for Premium Service, we have reminded you of this and you still have not paid;
- it is necessary to protect ourselves, other users or any third party;
- it is likely that claims or proceedings may be brought against us by third parties due to circumstances that are connected to your use of Green Recipes Service;
- it is not possible to establish contact with you through telephone, fax and/or email;
- it is an emergency; and/or
- it is necessary for operating Green Recipes Service.
Restriction, suspension, withdrawal or discontinuation of the Green Recipes Service could result in a permanent loss of access to and use of certain aspects of the services, including your own uploaded Content, even if you later re-register or re-subscribe to the Green Recipes Service.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
Nothing in these Terms of Service excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We will not be liable to you for any losses or damages suffered by you that: (i) were not reasonably foreseeable at the time you accepted these Terms of Service – loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable if either it is obvious at the time you accepted these Terms of Service that it may happen, or both you and we knew it might happen, for example, if you and we discussed it; or (ii) are not caused by us breaching a term of these Terms of Service, or any other failure by us.
We will also not be liable to you for:
- any errors or omissions in any recipe or other Materials;
- use of or reliance on any Materials displayed on our website;
- any unauthorised access to or use of our secure servers or any and all non-secured personal information;
- any interruption or the cessation of transmission to or from our website or ;
- a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programmes, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any Materials on it, or on any website linked to it;
- the content of websites linked on our website or;
- third party demands, assertions, claims, suits, actions or other proceedings brought against you from other users, alleging that your Contents infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights, or misappropriates a third party’s confidential information;
In order to use our website, your device will need a connection to the internet. You are solely responsible for obtaining, at your own expense, any hardware, software, and third-party services (such as a wireless service plan purchased through a telecommunications service provider) necessary to connect your device(s) to the internet, including any data transfer fees that may be imposed by your chosen service provider and which, if you choose to upload large amounts of data such as image files, may be substantial
THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR WEBSITE
Where our website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources
The parties intend that no person who is not a party to these terms shall have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise to enforce any term of these Terms of Service. No consent of any third party is required to vary these terms.
“Green Recipes” and the Green Recipes logo are registered trademarks of Green Recipes Inc. in India and certain other jurisdictions
To contact us, please email [email protected]
About these Terms of Service
If any term, or part of a term, of these Terms of Service, is disallowed or found to be unenforceable by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
If you or we breach these Terms of Service and you or we take no action against the other, you or we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you or we break these Terms of Service.
Thank you for using the Green Recipes Service.