When we use the terms “we”, “us” or “our” we refer to Green Recipes
You have various rights in respect of our use of your Personal Information as set out in the ‘Your Rights’ section below. Two of the fundamental rights to be aware of are that you may:
- ask us to stop using your Personal Information for direct marketing by email or push notification. If you exercise this right, we will stop using your Personal Information in this regard; and
- ask us to consider any valid objections you have to our use of your Personal Information where we process your Personal Information on the basis of our, or a third party’s, legitimate interests.
We process certain information about your visit or when you use our service provided by our website (“Green Recipes Service”). Some of that information may enable you to be identifiable (“Personal Information”).
3. What Personal Information do we collect from you?
Information submitted by you
- Visiting our Site without registration Technical Information (see below)
If you register with us via our Site or App
- Username, Email address and password
- Recipe or food interests that you indicate through your use of the Site or App.
- If you sign in via Social Media such as Facebook or Google
- If you sign in to our website via Facebook, we will collect your Facebook ID, email address, profile photo and you have the option to allow us to collect the names of your Facebook friends. This is restricted to Facebook friends who use the Green Recipes Service and have allowed Green Recipes to see their list of Facebook friends.
- If you sign in to our website via Google, we will collect your Google ID, name, profile photo and e-mail address.
If you complete your profile:
Personal Information you provide including your photo, username, location and biography. If you post recipes or comments
Any Personal Information included in any of your recipes, comments or other submissions will be collected and processed by Green Recipes. If you use the messaging function
Contact information of others may be collected, either through your phone contacts if you select “Choose friends from your phone” or from Facebook if you select “Invite your friends via Facebook”.
If you choose to “Invite friends via e-mail”, we will request an email address, so we can determine if the other person is a registered user and connect you on the Green Recipes Service.
Any Personal Information contained within a message will be processed by Green Recipes.
Any messages reported as abusive or harmful will be directed to our staff to evaluate the report.
If you enter a contest – If you go on to win a competition we may need your postal address in order to send you potential prizes.
If you attend a Green Recipes event
If you attend a Green Recipes event in person then, as part of registration for the event, we will collect one or more of your:
- Email Address
- Green Recipes User ID
- Phone Number
- Photographs may be taken of you if you attend a Green Recipes event.
If you contact us
Name, phone number or email address and any other Personal Information you provide to us in the course of our communication.
Automatically Collected Information – Technical and Statistical Information
The internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet and geographical location determined from such;
Your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, device information such as operating system and platform (as applicable to the device you are using);
Information about your visit to our website, the path that you take through and from our website (including date and time); pages that you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page; and
Special categories of Personal Information
Some of the Personal Information that you submit to us about you may be special categories of Personal Information. Special categories of Personal Information include, for example, information relating to cooking skills (e.g. baking) etc. We treat special categories of Personal Information with extra care.
5. How do we use Personal Information collected from you?
- We, or third-party data processors acting on our behalf, use the Personal Information we collect from you in the following ways: Providing, creating, managing, customizing and expanding the Green Recipes service and any other services we run
For example, we might use your Personal Information to:
- verify your identity;
- allow access to the website;
- facilitate the access and amendment of registration information;
- store information about preferences;
- customise the content on the website in order to provide a more suitable, enriching and improved user experience for you, including the online advertising displayed on the Green Recipes Service;
- enable users to participate in competitions and promotions;
- transmit notices relating to the Green Recipes Service and deliver prizes and products to you; and
- ensure the security of the website.
- To conduct analysis and marketing activity
For example, we might use your Personal Information to:
- monitor the number of users using the Site and App in certain geographical locations;
- monitor the use of the Green Recipes Service in order to understand how it is used and to understand how we can improve the Green Recipes Service;
- select participants for user interviews or testing conducted by us or other trusted partners; or
- provide advertisers, information providers and service providers with information on the types of advertisements and information which can or should be displayed or provided to you through the Green Recipes Service.
- To protect you, us and others
For example, we might use your Personal Information to:
- promote safety and security on Green Recipes Service to protect you and your Personal Information;
- protect users of the Green Recipes Service and our Our Group against threats such as fraud or cyber-attacks.
- To conduct direct marketing and promote the Green Recipes Service.
For example, we might use your Personal Information to:
- contact you from time to time with information that we think may be of interest to you unless you ask us not to; or
- advertise or promote new functions, events or news by sending notifications or e-mail newsletters to you.
All email newsletters include the option to unsubscribe. Except for notices and communications about the operation of the Green Recipes Service, you may opt-out of emails and push notifications from us at any time by using the notifications panel in your account on the site. We will not provide your email address to any third parties for marketing purposes.
- To communicate with you
We may use your contact details to communicate with you in order to respond to queries you have raised with us.
- For other purposes
- for internal corporate reporting, business administration, ensuring adequate insurance coverage for our business, ensuring the security of company facilities, research and development, and to identify and implement business efficiencies;
- to comply with any procedures, laws and regulations which apply to us – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others to comply, as well as where we are legally required to do so;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others, as well as where we are legally required to do so;
- if you contact us on social media, to monitor your interactions with us and our brand online, where it is in our legitimate interests to do so for market research and for planning future marketing campaigns; or
- if we use your photograph or video footage from an event, to amplify the event to a broader audience and for internal presentation purposes, where it is in our legitimate interests for marketing and business development purposes or where we have your consent.
- Anonymous data
We will anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Green Recipes Service and use and disclose it for any business purpose. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we disclose for these purposes.
6. Who do we share your Personal Information with?
Other Green Recipes users: We share information with other users of the Green Recipes Service. For example, if you send other registered users messages through the Green Recipes Service, we will share the information in the messages with them.
Beta testing users: If you join one of our beta testing groups then your information may be shared with other members of the testing group in order to enable communication and enhance the features being tested. People in our beta testing groups are able to leave these groups at any time.
Trusted Green Recipes Partners: We may share your Personal Information with the following trusted partners and agents only if they need such information to perform their specific obligations or services to us.
- The trusted partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and agents who cooperate with us to provide you with Green Recipes Service and advertising, such as IT service providers, mailing houses and companies which store our data.
- The trusted partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and agents who cooperate with us to provide the website, or in collecting, storing or processing your information for us.
- Analytics and search engine providers, and research institutions and suppliers, that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of, and understanding of the use of and behaviour on, the website and Green Recipes Service. For example, we may use Google Analytics to collect and process information about how Green Recipes Service is used.
- Other trusted third parties, but only with your prior consent or where you voluntarily choose to do so; for example, the Green Recipes Service may allow you to share information, including Personal Information, with social networking websites, such as Facebook.
Other disclosures: We may also share your Personal Information with other organisations or individuals:
- If it is in our legitimate interests to do so to run, grow and develop our business; in particular:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets; or
- if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- To meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- To protect against or prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of Our Group, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
7. Our legal grounds for processing Personal Information
We may only process your Personal Information if we have a legal basis for doing so. This section sets out the legal grounds on which we rely in order to process your Personal Information.
We consider that the legal bases for using your Personal Information are as follows:
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary for complying with our legal obligations;
- where neither of the above two legal bases applies, use of your Personal Information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to ensure the security of the Site or App). Our legitimate interests are:
- to run, grow and develop our business;
- to operate and secure the website;
- marketing, market research and business development;
- to provide the Green Recipes Services to our users, to provide customer and technical services and to know the users that we are providing the Green Recipes Services to;
- to protect our users and Our Group from fraud or harm; and
- for internal group administrative purposes.
If we rely on our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests for using your Personal Information, we will undertake a balancing test to ensure that our (or the third party’s) legitimate interests are not outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your Personal Information. You can ask us for information on this balancing test by contacting us.
Other uses of Personal Information (including special categories of Personal Information and participation in the beta programme) may be subject to your consent (which you may withdraw at any time after giving it).
If we rely on your consent for us to use your Personal Information in a particular way, but you later change your mind, you may withdraw your consent by contacting us and we will stop doing so. However, if you withdraw your consent, this may impact the ability for us to provide services to you.
8. Where is your Personal Information stored and processed?
We will process and store your Personal Information in the locations in which Our Group operates, and in the location of our servers.
We comply with applicable laws in respect of the international transfer of Personal Information.
9. How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We do not retain the contact information you provide about others for matching purposes after we have performed the matching.
We keep daily backups of the website which will automatically be deleted after 60 days, and a monthly backup which will allow us to keep a record of how the website appears each month (both of which will include Personal Information) and which we will keep for 6 years, in each case for the purposes of maintaining the website, and establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights. We put measures in place to ensure that any Personal Information which is stored on our backup systems is put “beyond all reasonable use”. That means that we cannot and will not use that Personal Information to inform any decision about you or in a manner that affects you in any way or give any other organisation access to that Personal Information. It also means that, when you exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Information, any Personal Information which is stored on our backup systems will not necessarily be within the scope of those rights (i.e. we will not usually disclose it in response to a request for access to Personal Information, nor will we usually need to erase it should you ask us to). Should you exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Information, we will explain – in our response – how those rights apply in relation to Personal Information which is stored in our backup systems.
The length of time we retain Personal Information for depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, the exercise of defending our legal rights.
10. How do we secure your Personal Information?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access your online account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
11. What about the privacy of children?
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under the age of 16, and no part of the Green Recipes Service is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 16, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
13. Your rights
You have various rights in relation to your Personal Information. In particular, you have a right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your Personal Information and request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the Personal Information we hold about you or correct such Personal Information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete Personal Information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such Personal Information;
- withdraw consent to our processing of your Personal Information, where we are relying upon your consent as our legal basis for processing such Personal Information;
- object to our processing of your Personal Information;
- prevent the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes by email or push notification; or
- ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your Personal Information.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event any time period required by applicable law). Please note, however, that certain Personal Information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances.
14. Contacting us, further questions and how to make a complaint
If you have any queries about our collection, use or storage of your Personal Information, please contact Green Recipes’s Data Protection Officer:
- By email: [email protected]
If you are unhappy with the way we handle your Personal Information, or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, we would always prefer you to contact us first.